Thanks for visiting LIV! LIV is building a VR live-streaming platform, empowering viewers to interact with their favorite streamers in real-time. We provide both the tools, and in the near future, the platform for VR streaming.
- Information We Have & Where We Get It
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Who We Share Your Personal Data With
- Our Legal Bases for Handling Your Personal Data
- Your Rights and Choices
- Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
- What Happens When We Transfer Your Personal Data
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Contacting Us
Information We Have & Where We Get It
Depending on which Services you use, we process different kinds of information from or about you. Here’s how we do it:
Information you give us directly
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us in the following ways:
- When you fill in forms on our website, including when you download our SDK or contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org;
- When you sign up to receive our newsletter, subscribe to our blog, complete a survey, or register for an event, contest, or giveaway;
- When you create an account on our web platform and populate your profile;
- When you email us to ask a question or request customer service;
- When you communicate with us via a third-party social media platform;
- When you buy something on or through our Services;
- When you post, share, or communicate with us or other LIV users on our Services;
- When you scan your badge or otherwise leave your details with us at an event or trade show; and
- When you apply to work with us.
The type of personal data we collect in these situations can include your name, company/employer, job title, birth date, gender, time zone/geographical location, and email or other contact information. If you purchase something on or through our Services, we ask that you provide us (or our payment processor) with billing information, such as your payment card information and billing address. If you talk with our team via chat, email, or telephone or communicate with us or other LIV users through our chat interface or through a third-party social media platform, we may collect the contents of your communications which can include any information you choose to include. Likewise, if you apply to work with us, we will collect any information you choose to share with us in your application and resume.
Information you give us directly
We collect other information automatically as you navigate our Services. This information can include the following:
- Information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the type of device you’re using; your operating system; your browser information; and your VR hardware and VR system, including their settings and components;
- Unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers from games, apps, or accounts you use;
- Information about the games, content, or other apps installed on your device or provided through our Services, including from third parties;
- Location-related information, which we derive from things like your device’s IP address or your mobile device’s GPS signal;
- Information about your visit to our website, such as the date and time of your visit, the information you searched for to find our website, the site you came from, the site you visit when you leave us, and how you used or didn’t use our Services;
- Information about your activity on our Services such as “Recording game X for Y time” and “Opened dialog Foo and clicked button Bar”;
- Information about your environment, physical movements, and dimensions when you use an VR device. For example, we may receive information about the play area that you have defined; and
- Errors and crash reports, including basic information about what happened internally leading up to the crash.
We also integrate third-party analytics tools into our Services to help us analyze how people use our Services. For example, Google Analytics is a web analytics service that we use to track and monitor traffic on our website. Third-party analytics companies collect and use information in accordance with their own privacy policies and may combine the information they collect in connection with LIV’s Services with information they have independently collected over time and across websites. For more information on the privacy practices of Google Analytics, please click here.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources including the following third parties:
- Payment Processors: In general, when you purchase something through our Services, your payment card information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor and LIV does not collect or store that information. However, in some circumstances we may receive limited information about your payment card from our payment processor, such as the last four digits of your card, the country of issuance, and the expiration date.
- Third-Party Authentication Providers: If you create an account on LIV Play, we ask you to supply a username and password. Alternately, we allow you to sign up with third-party authentication providers such as Discord, Twitter, or Facebook. If you choose to log-in using one of these third-party authentication providers, we may receive your name and email address from that provider.
- Third-Party Platforms: If you link your account on a third-party platform such as Facebook, Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, or Mixer, to your LIV account the provider of that third-party platform may make certain information available to LIV. This can include information necessary to facilitate the integration as well as any additional information the provider chooses to share with LIV or which you have permitted the provider to share through your privacy settings. For instance, Twitch might share a user’s broadcast history with us which we may then store. We encourage you to check the privacy settings and privacy policies of these third-party platforms to understand what information might be shared with us.
- Third-Party Developers: We may receive information such as [X and Y] when you play a game or use applications that include the LIV SDK
We may combine the information we collect about you from these various sources. If a combination of information that we collect identifies you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal data.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the information described above to:
- Deliver a high-quality and customized interactive viewing/play experience;
- Create your LIV account and identify you when you sign in;
- Process your purchases through our Services;
- Enable you to communicate with other LIV users;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we offer and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Identify and address bugs and service errors;
- Better serve our users through customer support and gain insights into the different types of hardware our users are running on their devices;
- Monitor and analyze usage, trends, and activities related to the Services, so that we can improve our networking, marketing, social and recruitment strategies and better serve our brand and advertising partners;
- Highlight users’ videos on our websites or on LIV’s social channels;
- Determine whether to enter into a business relationship with you;
- Assess job applicants and make hiring decisions;
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to misuse of our Services or other unlawful behavior; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Companies under common control: We may share data between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with LIV.
- Vendors and service providers: We may share personal data with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing cloud-hosting or cloud-storage services.
- Business transfers: We may share personal data with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
- Legal requirements: We may share personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect LIV’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our Site visitors and Customers, and to defend against legal liability.
- Consent: We may share personal data with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
- Public Forums & Publicly Available Content: We offer several features that allow you to connect and communicate in public or semi-public spaces. You don’t have to use these features, but if you do, be sure to use good judgement. Certain information you post on your LIV profile, such as your display name and your photo or avatar, as well as any information you disclose in other public areas of LIV’s Services, may be viewed by others. Please be careful when revealing personal information in these public areas, because any information you submit there can be read, collected, stored, or used by others. Please also be aware that if you do not want LIV to store metadata associated with your content, you need to remove the metadata before uploading your content.
- Third-Party Platforms: LIV users have the option of connecting their LIV account to third-party platforms like Facebook, Discord, and YouTube, and may share their activity or content they create using LIV products and services on these platforms. Connecting your LIV account to a third-party platform is optional and you can revoke your permission at any time in your account settings.
- Third-Party Game and App Developers. Through our Services, you can interact with a variety of third-party games and apps. We may share information about you with these third-parties, including information in your LIV profile, information about how you use our Services, and information about how you use their games and apps. In addition, these third-party game and app developers may collect information from you directly through the content they provide. Any information they collect from you directly will be handled in accordance with their own privacy policies and we encourage you to review those policies to understand how they treat your information.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Our Legal Bases for Handling Your Personal Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- Legitimate interest: In most cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Providing and personalizing the Services for you;
- Marketing our Services;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business;
- Processing job or other applications;
- Addressing legal and ethical issues
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- To honor our contractual commitments to an individual: Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to the individual to whom the personal data pertains, including performing the contractual obligations in our Terms of Service.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of implied or express consent.
Your Rights and Choices
You have a variety of rights and choices related to our use of your personal data.
- Opting out of email marketing: If you want to stop receiving our promotional emails, you can opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. It may take up to 10 days to process your request. Please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
- Restricting cookies/Do Not Track: LIV does not change its behavior in response to web browser “do not track” signals. However, you can configure most browsers to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can consult the help section of your browser to find out how to do this. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Update, Supplement, or Delete Your Information: You may access, update, or change personal data you have provided through your account settings or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also remove certain optional information that you no longer wish to be publicly available through the Services, such as your photo. If you no longer wish to use the Services, you may close your account. To learn how to close your account, please click here. For some requests, such as changes to billing information or account data deletion, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can process your request.
- Data Requests: Depending on your location, you may be eligible to request that we provide you access to and/or a copy of certain personal data we hold about you, including information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes; ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased; object to our processing of your personal data; request that we restrict certain processing; transfer your personal data to a third party; or honor your withdrawal of consent for certain processing of your personal data. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interest or to comply with a legal obligation. Before responding to your request, we may require that you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation. However, we invite you to contact us with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly.
- Limiting Information Available Through Third-Party Platforms: If you want to limit or stop receipt of information from Third-Party Platforms, such as social networks which are linked to your LIV account, you can change your privacy settings on those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available.
Many features of our Services are intended for general audiences and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children in connection with these features. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 (or a higher age threshold where applicable) has given us personal data without your consent, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we do intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an on-line activity; and
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
What Happens When We Transfer Your Personal Data
Where personal data is transferred outside the European Economic Area to a third party in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by Standard Contractual Clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification, or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. If you would like a copy of the relevant mechanism please contact us at email@example.com.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
How We Protect Your Personal Data
LIV uses generally accepted administrative, physical, and technical safeguards we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. LIV cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.
We may change our privacy practices from time to time. If we do so, we will update this policy, post it on our website, and indicate when it was last revised. You are advised to review this policy periodically to stay informed of our practices. If we make material changes, we may provide you with additional notice, such as posting a statement on our homepage or sending you an email notification.
LIV Inc. S.r.o.
Na Maninach 1590/29
170 00 Prague